Return from Inuvik

After just a brief stop in Inuvik, I was off and flying again, this time to Old Crow. Not much scenery on this leg of the journey though as the landscape is tundra, and then we headed into clouds and above for the remainder of the journey to Old Crow. This town is a small First Nation Community, only reachable by air (or for the more ambitious type...foot). 
Just a few minutes on the ground, landing on a dirt airstrip, and I didn't even get a chance to get off the plane...we were off and flying again, this time to Dawson. What a circular route, lol...WH-DC-IN-OC-DC-WH. 
Another view of the Tombstone mountains on the return trek, can't wait to see them from the Dempster Highway someday.



2 comments:
Already you have seen more of the Yukon than I have! I'm jealous!
I am trying to cram whatever I can into my time here in the Yukon...particularly since I did squat the first 6 months...now I am off and running...or flying...
Post a Comment