Monday, July 17, 2006

Scenes From A Sunday Drive







We went for a drive down Fish Lake Road, and then later down Long Lake Road, and captured these scenes. We also saw a black wolf, but didn't have the camera out in time! It crossed the road right in front of us, then hung on the bank for a bit. T'was a nice drive in my new car and even though I tried, I didn't scratch it, though I did get it dusty! However, when I have a car, I USE it.


We went a little too far on Long Lake Road though and found ourselves in a smelly spot...the sewage treatment area. We didn't see it, but we certainly smelled it and turned right around. We had seen these pipes and vents coming up out of the ground along the latter part of the road and wondered WTF? We know now.

The bright pink flowers are the Yukon's territorial flower, fireweed and it is EVERYWHERE! I love it, it is so gorgeous.

No comments: