Sunday, July 16, 2006

Weekend Happenings

Had another bear in the yard yesterday. I got a little video clip, but I was too busy checking around for another bear, as this was not the same one...figured today's bear might have brought some homebears...but he didn't. This bear just sauntered through by the house, weaving his way through the meadow, and off into the tall grass and saplings. Hmmmm...shall this be a regular occurence? I don't have any garbage out there, but maybe the bbq is attracting them? It needs a good cleaning. And I hate cleaning it. I'd sooner buy a new one. However, I know that would be a waste, so will clean it. But I hate it.


Haven't gotten to play with my new car very much as Amber worked all weekend and took it with her...sniff...I haven't even moved into it yet. We were too busy organizing yesterday to get to it. I took down one of my shelving units and packed a bunch of shit in my closet, and got more ready to go. I also bought a DVD recorder this weekend and have been burning DVD's one after the other, making DVD copies of my VHS tapes so I can sell them on e-bay. I realized when I moved them all into the closet that I have a lot of fucking movies.


So I have the last of my Julia Roberts flicks in there now. Next comes Tom Cruise collection. I'm hoping to sell them as lots instead of individual, as they would be more likely to sell and not as much trouble for me.


So with the shelving gone, I changed the living room around a bit, and like it much better...attempting to declutter is not easy. I have so much stuff. I also cleaned the fish tank this week and set up the stools there instead of in front of the window, and put their condo by the dining room window instead. They all appear to like the changes, and McGee loves watching the fish.


T'was chilly when I got up this morning...just 7C...brrr...we are heading north on Friday to a music festival where we will be camping outside...brrr...actually, Amber is determined to sleep in the car, and I will be sleeping in my hammock, so neither of us will be on the ground.


My friend L. came out on Friday night for a few hours to hang out in the back yard. We played a few games, and I was checking over her shoulder for bears...one might decide to take her little bichon frise and wipe his ass with it. L. also puked in my rainbarrel too, and ruined my gardening water supply, but that is a story for another day.


We're going for a drive when A. gets home from work, possibly down Fish Lake Road, so hope to get some new photos as well. She will likely pick more wildflowers. Ahhh...summer Sundays...

No comments: