Northward Bound
Back on the road again tomorrow for the 1380km trip. I expect to get as far as Watson Lake tomorrow night and then head off early morning towards Whitehorse with a stop in Marsh Lake to see the swans at my friend R.'s place.
I'm gonna miss these little tykes, but not the noise. If anything, I have gotten to know their personalities better, and I hope they will remember me from visit to visit, particularly since I'm the only Billard relative they will probably see with any regularity. They are all so very individual, and if I hadn't have been as sick as I was, I would have truly enjoyed them. I like snuggling but who wants to curl up next to a coughing hack, so I didn't impose myself on them too much. A. is the cuddler with me, while S. is a little more standoffish. C. is just getting to know me as he isn't quite 2 years old and the last time I saw him he was only 3 months.
My sister and I spent some quality time together, which is always nice. Tonight we hung out, I kicked her ass in cards and we watched Walk The Line (again). I wanted to watch another movie after that, but the lightweight that she is, couldn't stay awake for it...heh heh...
I'm hoping for clear weather and to take lots of photos tomorrow during the drive. With any luck there won't be any snow on the roads this time either. However, if anything, it kept me from nodding off as it forced my full attention to the road! I may have lost all of my photos on that damned broken laptop, so want to recoup the losses tomorrow with a fresh batch.
Let's hope for no flat tires, and some wildlife on the road (not that I want to hit it, but I do want to see some!). Shall update y'all on Monday...
1 comment:
Well, there was sliding involved, but it was my laptop off the bed, which makes it a little trickier getting my posts up as I have to do it at work, and try to squeeze it in at lunch or on breaks. I am currently on hold with Dell about our little problem...
Post a Comment