Timmy The Cleaver
Thanks to my good friend and co-worker, Tim, the half cord of wood I had delivered recently is all chopped up and stacked. I did the stacking and Timmy did the chopping. He also gave me some tips for chopping and lo and behold, it worked! I was doing it all wrong, that was the problem and not letting physics into the equation. He is just a slip of a young man, but I was impressed at how he could make that axe sing...then he taught me his technique and I could also split it, although not as well, but better than when I hacked my leg with the axe last week...
I'm hoping this will last me the rest of the winter and then over the course of the summer I'll get a couple of more cords and be ready for winter this time. Moving into the cabin in late November didn't quite leave me ready for the winter.
Man, the heat from a woodstove is nice when you've got a chill...mmmmmm
No comments:
Post a Comment