Tuesday, March 21, 2006

When The Cat Is On The Woodstove


you know that spring has sprung. I didn't have to rush to light the woodstove tonight, the weather is so balmy! I also did not wear my coat on the way home, not to mention I wore a light cotton top, skirt and bare legs. The question is, will this last or are we going back to -30C in a week? Stay tuned...


editor's note: and then my stupid cat jumped on it an hour after I lit it and burned her paws. Talk about a cat on a hot tin roof iron stove...

1 comment:

Dreama said...

oh, if that was only the end of the abuse this poor feline has to endure...not only is the little bastard tormenting her and has her neck all bitten to pieces; then she jumped on the stove, has a few minor burns on her paws...last night I was standing with the door open talking for just 1 minute to my landlady, and this cat, who never goes out, decided to step out...and I didn't notice, and when I went to close the door, she was partway in and I closed the door on her paws...I don't think there was any major injury, but she gave me a dirty look, and howled something awful until I opened up the door again. Poor puss!

Fresh air...I love it! There shall be no haze or humidity here...I lived in SW Ontario for 5 years and suffered through summer after summer of smog, heat, and humidity! No thanks!