Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Gift That Keeps on Giving


my electric blanket. I don't use it all the time, but when I do, it is REALLY NICE. I stayed in town this evening, did some shopping, went for supper and then had a date with Matthew. I just can't understand what they were thinking in casting Sarah man-face opposite...she is fugly. But Matthew was wonderful, as usual. Although he beginning to look his years, aging gracefully of course. Sarah just looks like she swallowed a footall, it's downright creepy.


Anyhow, I digress...because I stayed in town until later on, I came home and didn't bother lighting the fire, so got a bit of a chill, however, knowing I would, I came up earlier on and turned on my electric blanket. My parents gave it to me for Christmas some years ago. I had one before that also from my parents, but second hand. Zipper, our dog at the time, chewed the cord off the other little bastard so I was without for a while.


Of course, I also have my furry heating pads...Via snuggled next to my neck (makes you cringe, doesn't it, G. you despiser of felines...) and Stormy, aka little bastard down by my feet. Sometimes he even crawls in behind my back, keeping draughts at bay...


It's mighty chilly again tonight, about -29C when I last checked. No wind now, but forecast for tomorrow, putting the windchill they predict at about -40C. Frosty, I'd say. Got the car plugged in, of course.


Glad my wood is all cleaved up, thanks again, Timmy.

No comments: