Monday, March 20, 2006

Imagine My Surprise

When I finally got to work today (sick time in the AM) and found this little gift on my desk. Our acting manager and supervisor did up little packages for us all, including a personal note in the card. Thanks J., that was a swell gesture. This week is National Social Work Week, (Yukon style as the actual week is early March) and they have printed balloons up all over, and I missed a muffin breakfast this morning. There may be more...shall keep you posted.

Also today, another case assigned to me from M. She is the worker who was in a car accident (not her fault) just about a week after I got her. She came back for a couple of weeks half days, but couldn't do it and is off for good now, and terminated her contract. So they are reassigning all of her files, and I got one today. For a change, I wasn't shown the door and the mom was grateful of any help we could give her. Nice. I think I'll go back tomorrow.

No comments: