Saturday, May 13, 2006

Ok, NOW I am tired

Well, the first full day of the canoe course is over and I am official TIRED. Our instrutors Bob and Kevin said it was going to be the hardest and most tedious...and it was. Nearly tipped the boat once during a crossing from one side of the Yukon River to the other, but we managed work it out and get across...damn, some of that paddling was hard frigging work. My arms are so tired...and last night they were so SORE, they kept me awake most of the night.


Amber ended up in the canoe most of the day with the cutie young instructor...which made her happy enough...and me...we had a major blow out this morning...cursing and screaming at each other on the river...put on quite a show...but then we also worked it out and did okay on the river. The problem was we both knew the strokes but didn't know which one to use where...I later switched boats and got in with my friend R. We had some close calls, and some straying, but overall we did ok. There should be a photo or two soon...I didn't take my camera but the cutie did and took some photos, so will get him to email them out and I'll post them.


Tomorrow is supposed be an easier day, and we're on the Takhini River. The paddle ends up at some optional rapids...and I've decided to do them...that is until I get a look at them tomorrow...might change my mind after that!!!


Of course, the weather wasn't that nice...it snowed, rained, and blew cold arctic wind on us, but as long as we were paddling, we were able to keep warm. It was when we stopped that we got a little chilly. We had special pants and booties on to keep us warm and dry, so that was really good. I would have sucked to be wetter than I was today in that cold wind.


Now I have to go lie down...

No comments: