It Never Fails
Well, I've been waiting all winter for my landlady to put the clothesline back up and it still haven't happened(she's a busy gal!), so today, with too much clothes to dry inside on the rack/rails, and the weather too warm to get a good hot fire going to dry it, I THOUGHT I would put the clothes outside on a piece of line rigged up. So off I went, brilliant yellow nylon line in hand, and with an abundance of trees, I had a plethora of choices for hanging my line. Picked out a spot, tied it up, and promptly strung up all of Amber's clothing. No the line didn't break. That would be my first guess too. No, the birds didn't shit on it either. Nor did the squirrels get into it. It rained. WTF? It was brilliant sun one minute and I was swinging in my hammock, watching the fluffy white clouds go by. I came inside to get some lunch and the next thing I know, it's dark and cloudy and the rains pour down...on my clothes. dammit.
However, knowing the weather here now, I knew it wouldn't last long, and it didn't. So now I'm determined the damned clothes is going to dry out there...even though it's wetter now than it was before...it never fails...
No comments:
Post a Comment