Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Invaded by Tyrants

the pic is from earlier this year...the squirrel would get up on a box and eat where Stormy could see him through the window...such a tease!


I bought a birdhouse last month and although some birds have been feeding out of it, there was one pesky squirrel who kept driving them away, even though he had his own food bowl out there. And so in my infinite wisdom, I decided to rig something up and ran a line between two trees and hung the birdfeeder there, thinking they couldn't manage the tiny line I ran...apparently they are quite acrobatic. I came home from work today (only hung it last night) and it was on the ground with the rope hanger on the birdfeeder chewed through...little bastards.


I think it's time to fight back...look out squirrels...they are lucky I don't own a gun, and that it is too damn much trouble to get one legally in Canada...this course, that course, this certificate, money money money to the goverment to throw away on a useless gun registry...but I digress...


so what to do about these squirrels. All winter there has been just the one, but now that little bastard brought his mates with him this week I see...I shall outsmart them yet.

No comments: