Animals Everywhere!
We've landed home again, a day or so early, which was fine with both of us. We missed our beds, and the weather had not been that great. We did however enjoy the abundant wildlife, viewed from the roadside. Here's our final tally for the trip travelling from Whitehorse on the Klondike Highway to the Alaska Highway to the Stewart Cassiar Highway to the Yellowhead Highway, to the Alaska Highway again, to home on the Klondike Highway, for an approximate total of 3570kms since last Saturday. See future post for highlights...here is the tally for our wildlife viewing...
8 black bears
1 silver fox
7 deer
2 moose (cow and calf)
1 elk
5 buffalo
4 mountain goats
2 mountain sheep 
and countless squirrels, and one chipmunk. We didn't get to see a grizzly, which was the one animal I haven't seen before...and I would only like to see it from the car as it sped by...I didn't get photos of them all, as I was often caught off guard, or was driving and didn't have the camera ready, however we have the memories burned in our minds...wring that one out will ya...

1 comment:
We saw a Grizzly coming home from Prince George back in '95. It rambled across the highway in front of us and we hit the brakes pretty hard. Didn't want to hit for 2 reasons:
1 - The damage to the car.
2 - And a pissed off grizzly bear.
:)
Post a Comment