Sunday, June 10, 2007

On The Road Again


Well, been here a week and we're off and running again tomorrow, headed for Halifax. The boat leaves here about 8am or earlier, and we'll get to Rose Blanche about 11am or so, weather and wind depending. I'm driving from then on, up the coast to PAB, spend the day there, shopping, dining out, visiting, whatever, before crossing on the gulf boat tomorrow night. We have a cabin at least, so hopefully will get some sleep...though cooped up in the same room together with two snorers could be interesting (I am one of them).


Arriving in North Sydney Tuesday morning, heading straight out of town, grabbing breakfast at a restaurant along the highway, and for SURE a stop at Tim Horton's in Baddeck...the one in North Sydney will surely be packed with boat traffic. I'm making a stop in Port Hawkesbury to see a few folks at my former workplace, and then we'll be on our way to the big city of Halifax, lol.


Spending the night with relatives in HRM, my father's appt the next day, and some shopping no doubt, another night with relatives, and then back on the road the following morning to head back to North Sydney. I'm hoping to meet up with M.M. for a short visit before heading back across the gulf to PAB again Thursday night.


Then we are in PAB for the morning, heading back down the coast on the ferry to Grand Bruit in the afternoon, weather permitting.


I'm tired already...


However, having said that, I will enjoy the time spent with friends and relatives, including my parents, and hope that no one needs a time-out on the highway. I'll have to put duct tape over the speedometer so my folks be howling about my lead foot...


Here for the weekend, and back on the ferry Monday morning, heading into Deer Lake to catch my flight back to the west the following morning.


I should get frequent sailor miles...

No comments: