Fog Burn


















I went out today in search of photo ops...and found a damp fog. I was okay with the fog, as I had noticed not having many photos of the community in fog. Probably because no one feels like taking photos in the fog, but it think they add a certain soft quality to the photos...or haze...
I was out for about a half hour and then my lenses began to fog and mist over, so packed it in and headed back home again. The danger sign you see is on the Breakwater that the government has refused to take responsibility for, and it is deteriorating badly. Before long, it will wash out in a big sea and the harbour will no longer be protected from the storms.
The dog is Ben, one of the local dogs, and this is his usual haunt, next to his caretaker and owner. The calendars shown can be found in the Cramalott Inn - they record the weather here daily and leave up the calendar from the previous year to compare. The third calender is recording the people that travel on the ferry in the course of a year. The boat with the falls in the background is my dad's new fibreglass boat. He had a mold taken of his old wooden one as he liked it so much, and the boat builder made him a replica in fibreglass. The two children shown are the last two students in school here before it closes for good in June. This last photo is a bit of a test to see if the locals who read along can figure out where I took it...tis a very common spot that everyone has laid eyes on...





No comments:
Post a Comment