Escape to Rose Blanche





Had to run down to Rose Blanche today to bring a few things to the ferry for Grand Bruit...so I took my camera as well, and drove around Rose Blanche (photos by kodak camera) and went on the very short hike to Rose Blanche lighthouse (photos by Canon SLR). T'was still dirty old fog and misty wet, but I went anyways...can't wait for the sun...who knows where that is.
Of course, my battery on my Canon died just as I reached the lighthouse and I didn't bring my smaller one on the hike...figures. Of course, I have not charged it since I left the north...my own fault...arrggghhhh...the inside is beautifully restored...they did fine job. Read more about the lighthouse here....
As you can see from some of the photos in Rose Blanche, there isn't much room between the houses. Many of the houses were built long before the roads and the introduction of cars to the community, so building them after was quite a task!



No comments:
Post a Comment