Monday, June 26, 2006

As The Stomach Turns


I mean, as the cat pukes...like Via did in the centre of my bed yesterday, shortly before company arrived... Anyhow, the point is there is still harmony amongst the cats, with Via spending a great deal of time with McGee, however not as much time as Stormy spends with McGee...A. is questioning their sexual orientation. They get rough sometimes, but usually when one squeals, the other will let go. Stormy rarely gets after Via now too, which is a relief. The boys won't keep on their nail caps though, the little bastards, however they do not damage anything with them, and they don't scratch one another with them...and rarely me. They love looking out the windows and my house is filled with them. I have 8 that they get in regularly to see what's going on outside. They aren't permitted outside, especially after A. paraded McGee out a few weeks ago and moments later a fox showed up...they love the birds and squirrels that are constantly out there in the feeders. Often the birds stay in the feeder while the cat is in that particular feeder, and it is attached to the house beside the window. I'll have to try to get a photo for that.


Nighttime can still be rowdy, but I sleep with my earplugs in most of the time now, as it is so very random when they choose to fuck around for 3 hours at 1 am on a work night. As long as they don't run over my face while I'm sleeping, I can usually sleep through it now. The blinders are working wonderfully as well, very natural except the velcro on the back strap hooks my hair, and often leaves knots in my hair by morning. Not a good scene with my curly frizz...it's like the other half of the velcro.


They all share litterboxes and food bowls and of course, the real social gathering spot, the water fountain. What pigs they are though, as they drop food into the water fountain so it clogs the filter that runs the water down the slide...along with cat fur, fake mice, water container rings, whatever!

No comments: