Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Frustration Set In...and then left me breathless

So I stayed home this morning and left for work at about 11am, and as I pulled out of the driveway I suddenly thought of one more place to look for my lost government cell phone (oops..your tax dollars at work). So I drove to my next door neighbors to see if she was home to let her know I was going to drive up the little lane to her storehouse where I recently put some things from my storage locker in town, the same night I last remember using the phone. She wasn't home, so I just drove up the lane anyhow, I knew she wouldn't mind. Of course, I also remembered getting stuck up there that night, but figured we hadn't had any fresh snow in a while, and it seems hard enough.


It would appear that I was mistaken. I got stuck as soon as I got to the end of the lane where the storehouse is. And there was only an inch or two of snow. WTF? I drive a standard, so usually can get out by working the gears and rocking the car back and forth, whatever. I spun my damn tires and nearly ripped out the god damn transmission trying to get that fucker out. I sweat buckets, dressed in a damn skirt and blouse. Excuse my language but its a hell of a lot milder than what was hollered in the woods today. The wildlife must have thought I was losing my mind out there. I tried everything under the tires too until I went rooting in my trunk for anything that might help me and spotted the 20kg bag of kitty litter and though, screw it, I'll give that a try, so dumped some kitty litter under each tire and before I knew it, I was out. Still took a bitch and a fart, but it came clear and I drove the hell out of there. I did take a peek in the storehouse before leaving to see if my cell phone was in there, but didn't get a chance to poke in the snow for it...I probably drove over it in trying to get that bitch of a car out anyway.


So that was this morning's frustration. So this afternoon when I was driving home in the daylight, enjoying the scenery and thought I might try my new cd, Abba Gold. Come on, admit it. Everyone secretly loves listening to Abba songs in the car and singing along. Anyhow, I got this nifty little opener for cds and things from my sister. Of course I didn't have it today in the car. I tried for 5 minutes to get that little bastard open and then finally flung it out the damn window on the floor of the passenger seat. And then I was too pissed off to give up, so got it back up again when I stopped for the mail on the way home. I scraped my keys over it and it opened and I got my Abba.


And let's not even mention the lack of Valentines in my mailbox this year. I feel like Charlie Brown.

2 comments:

Big Hoser said...

Dawwwwwwww..... Happy Valentine's Day! There's still 26 minutes left, so there!

Luv ya as much as my wife'll let me!

~HH.

Dreama said...

I guess that counts! It wasn't that bad. I did get a carnation from the social committee...found it on my desk when I went to work today...also found a bag of candy in my work mailbox. My daughter and mother both wished me Happy Valentine's Day. That all counts I reckon. I think it is the first year I remember not receiving a card though...sob...lol