Snow
It snowed on Saturday. And again on Monday. Ick. The last day of summer has not yet arrived (September 23 is the first day of autumn) and we've already had snow more than once. Of course the ground is not yet frozen, so you only see it fall, and it melts instantly on the still warm ground. Locals have tried to scare me by saying it's going to be a hard winter...we'll see about that. Last winter wasn't any big deal...no storms, not much snow, no long cold snaps...what more can you ask for?
Let's hope since I have a fair bit of driving to do in December and January...I'm heading to the Yukon to see my gal for Christmas, and intend on swinging into northern BC to visit my sis and her family. Not that I haven't already driven in most any kind of winter weather...and survived.
We had a rash of deaths this past few weeks. Four funerals since last Monday...and the 2006 census numbers us at 485...and now we are short another four. The superstitious ones thought after so many deaths last year, it was due to the town council taking down the fence around the graveyard (to replace)...we have a brand new one, finished last month...and still had a rash of deaths. The reality is, people get sick, people die. All died of health reasons, no accidents (this recent group). Otherwise I might get suspicious myself...
There hasn't been much to photograph that I haven't captured already...perhaps on my journey to YK in early October. I'm going up for a conference, and have also been enlisted to cook the turkey at K.'s or C.'s place. This time if I hit a ptarmigan, it might come with me to go into the pot...JOKING. I don't like ptarmigan...
I'm signing on for another year here, and if I am successful in the YK job, will simply resign this position and take the transfer. They are willing to pay for my move again, phew. And if I do not get the YK job, I'll hang around here for another year, and see what 2008 brings.
No comments:
Post a Comment