Northern Shopping
I was invited to a university friend's wedding this fall and had originally hoped to make it, however things happen, and I won't be there this Saturday. I still had all the paperwork involved in a wedding invite these days though (wedding announcement, shower invitation {and inserts}, and wedding invitation {and inserts} so checked out where they were registered to see if I could possibly buy them something online, since I don't really have anywhere but online to shop, and I managed to fart around long enough that I don't have time to get them anything before the wedding now anyhow...
Sure enough, they were registered at three places - Direct Buy, Linens-N-Things and Canadian Tire. Of course, because I had farted around so long, most of the gifts had been bought, so I was only able to buy them a moist heating pad...it was either that or garden tools such as a shovel or rake...
However, I was able to buy it, request it be gift wrapped, and specify what I wanted on the gift card, and then pay just $6.99 to have it shipped to them...I couldn't get it to them from here for even twice that. Cool. So now the gift is on the way, and I have only the belated shower stuff to send back (my favorite recipe and favorite memory of the bride) in the enclosed stamped envelope. How easy is that? Works for my lazy ass, that's for sure.
I do regret that I couldn't make it to her wedding, not just for the wedding, but to see her for the first time in nearly 5 years, along with all the other folks I miss in Waterloo...sigh...one of these years, I shall make my cross country trek...
No comments:
Post a Comment