Happy Canada Day





The locals were busy today with Canada Day celebrations...they decorated strollers, bicycles, and ATV's for the local parade. RCMP were in full red serge, looking sharp as ever. My friend I. is in the middle, along with a local youth. T'is a dusty ol' day and I had to finally come home, tired of grit in my teeth, dirt in my eyes, and choking in general. It's sunny and warm today, but with such high winds, the dust is blowing around like we were in the middle of the Arizona desert...ech...
so now I am watching the Concert For Diana that her sons Prince William and Prince Harry organized...it's quite good and I think a great way to celebrate her death. Her birthday was on Canada Day, so we always felt that kinship with her (as Canadians). Reporting for CTV is none other than Seamus O'Reagan, of Goose Bay, Labrador - he went to school with my sister. Thank GAWD they didn't choose that idiot Ben Mulroney...however I see his sidekick twit made it over...

No comments:
Post a Comment