I Was A Folk On The Rocks





I was in Yellowknife for the 27th Annual Folk on the Rocks music festival this weekend - and had an awesome time. The music was great, the crowd was great, and the weather was awesome, hot and sunny with a bit of breeze. I hung out with some friends, toured the small scattering of vendors, bought a t-shirt (of course), and an etched piece of blue glass. Had some samosas, homecut fries from the chip wagon, ice cream, and a lotta coolers...the beer sucked - what the hell is Grasshopper beer anyhow...where the hell was the Canadian, Labatt's or something I KNEW??? The beer garden was huge with tables and chairs, lotsa room to hang out and they had a stage just for the garden. I wore enough sunscreen that I didn't get too burnt, except my nose as I kept wiping my face and likely wiped all the sunscreen off...so now I look like Rudolph...
So now I'm back at home, it's hot as hell (31C) and I don't have air conditioning...as much as I'd rather stay home than go to work, at least I have AC at work. It shall be set on FRIGID tomorrow.
Even Stormy is too hot...it's the fur coat, of course...perhaps I should shave him...





No comments:
Post a Comment