Sunday, July 22, 2007

Enjoying The Summer

T'was a nice summer day today...most days here are. We did have rain Friday and Saturday - much needed I might add. I actually had puddles in my driveway it rained so hard. Then back to hot and sunny again today. The summers here are actually pretty nice - better than they've had back east from what I hear - lots of rain and fog where my parents are...still...


I've taken to walking at 10pm - nice time to walk. The sun is just about to go down, the kids hav thinned out, and the drunks are still inside. Get a few drive-bys but for the most part it's ok. I've got my new mp3 player with me, so it's all good. I'm going to try and make a habit of the 10 o'clock walk too, and when the days start to get shorter, the walk may begin earler.


Lots of wildflowers out there - meant to take my camera tonight but forgot - will try tomorrow maybe at noon to get some good shots. They're everywhere and they sure add color to the town. I need to get out paddling again soon too, but I don't see it happening this week, maybe by the weekend...have two trips into Hay River this week for work, making for long day$.


Now I'm off to scratch my bug bites and get ready for bed - Monday lies in wait...

No comments: