Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Suicide Ravens


















Sounds like a punk rock band...too bad it was what hit my roof rack today on the highway with a THWACK!!! There was a group of them on the highway and for some reason, one decided to head for my roof rack, dislodging it by about 20 inches on one side...Stormy didn't know what the hell happened...

Speaking of Stormy...he did not make it unscathed either...I slammed his tail in the car door at Rae when I stopped for gas...YEEEOOOOOWWWWLLLLL was what he responded with...so I quickly opened the door...ooops...sorry kitty. You can bet I'll pay for that later.

He is settled in the hotel room. Yes, the hotel room. He was to lodge at K.s apartment but about 90 kms out of Res today I realized I did not take her apartment key, and she doesn't return until tomorrow night...so I had two choices - turn back, wasting gas and valuable time and get the damn keys...or keep going, and pay the kitty fee of $25...I had court papers to file in Hay River for work, so I kept on going. It wasn't the only thing I forgot. As I ran through my mental checklist (which is totally not helpful, since I'm NOT turning back) I thought of a bunch of other things I meant to pack...dammit.

At least I didn't see any smoke, or encounter any forest fires, particularly in the Bechoko area where they had been quite rampant lately...I guess the rain today doused them.

so, with a dying laptop and a newly spliced cord that I've since fried...I have to sign off...not knowing when I shall return...

No comments: