Yeah, It's Cold
But we are gaining sunlight each day, in leaps and bounds. When I look at sunset and sunrise for December 22, the sun didn't rise until about 10:00am, and it was setting again at 3:00pm. Now we are at an 8:45am sunrise, and 4:48pm sunset, and gaining fast. It has only been about 6-7 weeks, and before you know it, we will have late night sunsets. I'd be happy if it stopped at about 10pm, and the sun didn't rise until about 8am...but that is wishful thinking. By the time June rolls around, we will be at about 20+ hours of daylight per day.
Today it was -30C when I left for work. No wind, so that is helpful, but it is still damn cold. Thankfully, I have remote start on the company van, and with it plugged in all night, things start right up and it's warmed up enough by the time I leave for work. Granted, I am barely in the van long enough for the seatbelt warning to go off...
So there you have it. The cold and dark days are behind me. Now it's just cold and the weather forecast doesn't have anything above -20C in the forecast...rats...
1 comment:
It's actually warmish here...-15 to -20 today, last I checked.
Thanks for your comment. I don't know how you do your job, I would go nuts. I like that the kids talk to me, but I hate hearing what they say. Argh.
Post a Comment