Partridge In A Dead Tree
If you look really closely, there are three snowy white partridges in this photo. I wish I had a better camera and then I would have had a great shot. They were on the road until I drove by and spooked them. The stand at the edge like insolent teenagers, hovering until the last moment, and that odd punk bird will even stay long enough to get hit. I nearly did so today. I think I saw about 12 or 13 of them today, along with a hawk, and some of those little birds that I hit so many of last year on the Stewart-Cassiar Highway.
The next photo is of me freezing my ass off, next to one of the road signs on the road to Fort Res. It was -21C and 4:24pm. The sun was still above the horizon...amazing how we have gained an hour and a half of sunlight to the afternoon already.
The reflection looks cool...I had my camera resting on the hood for the timer, having left the tripod in the porch. I need to put it back in my car again.
The last is of the Buffalo River and bridge. 

1 comment:
I'm feeling a bit of the arctic cold myserlf...we have wind chill values of minus 30 in Kitchener today!
Post a Comment