Thursday, February 22, 2007

Oh The Busyness Of It All

I leave tomorrow evening for a couple of weeks away...a week in Edmonton, and a week in Yellowknife. I'm nearly packed, but my house is a not as clean as I would like, and I am afraid I'm going to forget something I really need, or forget to do something that should be done. This is nothing new...every time I get ready to go away, I go through the same shit. I even have a recurring dream about it, and have for many years. I dream that I am getting ready to go somewhere, either by boat, plane, bus, train, car, you name it and I just can't seem to get packed in time, or I'm continually rushing, rushing, rushing and never making it on time. I often wake up before I miss the plane/boat/train, etc. I just don't understand why I keep having the same dream for years and years. Is it anxiety? Restlessness? Insanity? Who the hell knows.


I still have to clean out the car and it's too damn cold to think about doing it tonight, however I know I'll feel better once it's all done. The night before I leave is usually the worst. Tonight shouldn't be too bad, since I am simply driving out after work tomorrow, with no real deadline to make tomorrow night. I'll be stopping over at Hay River, as I have to put the kitties on the plane the following morning. I've reserved a room at a cheap ($95 here is cheap) motel and am looking forward to SUPPER OUT! I haven't eaten a nice meal out for ages. A burger and fries at Lena's isn't quite what you would call "supper out".


The biggest obstacle is I have to load a 25" television out to the car. I bought it years ago in Waterloo, and it is still under warranty, if you can believe that. I bought the extended warranty and it runs out this coming December. It was a "carry in" warranty though, and it went on the fritz in Whitehorse, where there wasn't one single television repair place for a thousand miles. So I dragged that damn thing up here with me, in hopes that I would eventually be heading out to civilization before the warranty is up. It will be a one way trip for that bastard I hope. This is the second time the same thing has happened to it, so I am hoping for at least a little store credit, if not a full refund.


Arrrrrrggggghhhhh.....the busyness of it all...

No comments: