Where's The Party?
Not here, apparently. I did have an opportunity to go to a Halloween party with a friend from work, but she would have been the only one I knew there, and maybe one other girl. I just didn't have the effort to spend the evening with strangers AND come up with a respectable costume idea. In past years, I've gone to some really cool parties. One year I went to a cool one in Waterloo, but only knew two people there as well. I was dressed as the Queen of England...fur stole, hat and handbag...
...it was quite funny actually, I had a hoot of a time. I had to eventually cut some of the sponge holes out to let some air in...it got hot and smokey in there...that was at S.'s house in town. I recall a ridiculous conversation with a cop who attended a 911 call from the house (someone had gotten sick from something they ate...) and I was out on the deck, having known this officer through my job, and having chatted with him tons of times...but there I was, having had a few drinks or 10 (got a taxi home that night with my friend, coworker and Angel) blathering about who the hell knows what with this cop. He never mentioned it after that, but my friends do, lol.
I think that was hot chocolate in my mug...I usually spend a great deal of time outside with the smokers...simply because I am usually running hot and smokers are often the most interesting people, lol...and the folks below were belting out some Tragically Hip tunes last fall at S.'s party in his new house. Wonder what happened this year...S. is in Fort Mac this fall.
so here I sit tonight, in the Yukon, watching Gothika on sattelite, playing gin online, passing the evening away with just my own felines (yeah, the others moved out, FINALLY). And I'm fine with that. I'll have to get the scoop on my friend's costumes tomorrow.

2 comments:
*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
Enjoy a Safe and Happy Halloween!
Blessings
*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
thanks! I am safe at home, waiting for the trick-or-treaters, snuggling my Halloween cat, Stormy :-)
Post a Comment