Pimp My Turkey
The setting was definitely kid friendly and the 4 of them played for hours together in the vastness of the centre. There were little turkey printed baggies with treats/toys for the mites as well, which kept them all busy. A. was looking for her baggie...funny how the child comes back in them when there are treats, lol.
The commercial sized kitchen was great to cook in, tons of room, and enough burners. I wish I could have figured out the oven, but couldn't be bothered and then have to figure out how it bakes...the turkey did well in the apartment oven, along with the corn souffle, except for the one that A. forgot to take out of the oven (the third pan) and ended up being tossed, pan and all...so I didn't get to have any leftover as I sent part of a pan off with my friend R. and enough to feed her family tonight. I can only look at leftovers for a day or so, then I'm through, so if there are lots, I prefer to share with my friends when I can, and they are usually glad enough of it, lol so it works out all around. Speaking of turkey...
The felines certainly enjoyed their stay, once the fear of dog was put in them (yes, I do mean dog - T-bone was his name) and we had to keep them apart, so I bunked out in the centre with the kitties and A. bunked in the apartment with the dog. I didn't sleep much as the bed was pretty hard on my bones...talk about the princess and the pea...so was glad to get back in my own bed again last night, even if McGee was caterwauling last night for his mistress...I told him I didn't blame him, since she abandoned him here for the past month, heh heh...and then I told him to shut the hell up. I was tired.
So turkey day is behind us and now I'm on vacation with turkey nibblings tonight. There may be a plan for tomorrow...they may not. Vacation rocks! Maybe I'll get my Pink Floyd dvd's I bought on eBay a few weeks ago and can chill with PF.
Gobble, gobble. Happy Thanksgiving.



No comments:
Post a Comment