Saturday, October 07, 2006

Annoyances of the Week

  • viral infection of my dear laptop...21 all told; quite a mess and took me hours to recover from and now I hear that the gal who infected me doesn't care and hasn't bothered to clean her computer...irresponsible cyber behavior I tell you! she also infected many others who aren't too pleased about it...clearly does not recognize the time involved cleaning up that mess, not to mention the frustration! I have blocked her, and hope I don't get refinfected...then I shall be REALLY ANNOYED! Nearly as annoying and still continuing are the million and one questions from my mother who is convinced that she has a virus(she doesn't) and my frustration at being her tech support (I have been for since she first sat down in front of a computer years ago) for every little thing, often when I am trying to do something else. If I say anything, then she is even harder to deal with, lol...sigh...
  • shopping at night is quite annoying. It is quieter which is why I go, but the damn shelves are cleaned out! our local Superstore cannot seem to keep up with the volume of sales. I was there earlier in the day to check out the turkey situation and they only had two fresh ones, HUGE too and nearly 50 bucks...pass...so I grabbed a frozen one as the meat manager was putting out 5 cases of them that I then had to paw through. I went back last night to get the rest of my groceries and all of the fresh were gone AND all of the frozen ones...damn lucky I got one when I did!!!
  • why, please tell me why, do stores and businesses insist on keeping one of their doors locked in a two door entrance? I slam into it more often than not, expecting it to be open...I mean, WHY NOT open it? what is the purpose of locking one and leaving the other open??
  • jammed shopping carts. Superstore has ones you have to put a coin in to release...fine with me, I bought one of their handy coins and use that. but then I couldn't get it out and some guy came to help me out and told me the problem was that I didn't put the coin in the right one...yeah buddy...I'll put my coin in a cart three rows back so I can get the one I am after out...dumbass...it was just jammed. end of story. so I took my coin out and put it in another one while he continued to struggle with freeing the cart...
  • cats who roam in the night...need I say more
  • I DID NOT HEAR from the job in Fort Resolution and when I emailed the HR gal yesterday, I got her out of office auto-reply. Dammit...even if I get the job now, I shall have to wait until my term runs out here to move now as they have waited so long that I can't possibly organize the move by the end of the month now. So I shall continue to search for work locally as well...

1 comment:

Mrs. Falkenberg said...

Such a pretty new look! Sorry I haven't answered your notes, life got all in the way. It was great meeting you, too!
Superstore is the greatest cause of stress for me most days. Not that I have no other stress, just that they can somehow rise to the challenge of being the Biggest, Bestest Pain in my Butt.