Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Oh The Stress Of It All

Living life in limbo has never been one of my favorite places to be. When there are other mitigating factors, it gets stressful. So randomly...

  • I have been screened out of the competition for Mayo because of my lack of supervisory experience. Hmm...I don't recall that was on the job ad, but I shall check. And when I did respond to the email informing me of this, I was told what they were really looking for was someone who "worked" as a supervisor. Ok, whatever. If that's what helps them sleep at night. In the meantime, the position in Mayo will likely continue unfilled as I also heard through the grapevine that they didn't get the applicants they had hoped for, among other interesting things...it is just another sour experience to add to the many I've experienced here working for the man. Like how the accomodations officer hasn't returned my call for nearly two weeks. So I emailed him a nice letter...
  • I have not yet heard from the Ft. Resolution job. They wanted more references last week, so I provided them with one they appear to have lost, and provided two additional ones, I haven't heard if they contacted them. And then I heard that the rep in Fort Res is away this week, so I may not hear this week anyhow. ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!! Another week?
  • three cats in the house was plenty...now we have four. A. is moving out for Nov 1st so two will go, but in the meantime I am their mistress. A. should be here more, but chooses not to be, and when she is here, will simply snore away on the sofa, and then roll off to bed, without playing with her animals more than a minute, and puts off cleaning the cat litter, a job we both EVERYONE hates. We take turns and she is behind by two turns now. and of course we had a discussion about it last night, so she made a half assed attempt and cleaned out the freshest tray, and vacuumed the bathroom. And left the litter box in there, instead of putting it with the others (it had been in the bathroom for the first few nights her second cat was here, since we segregated her for a little bit). She was going to move it, but never got around to it. This morning she got around to it. After McGee had been in there another 4 times, throwing litter all over the bathroom again. And who likes to step on cat litter when their tender steamed skin is fresh out of the shower...come on now, admit it! So when I dared open my mouth, her excuse was that she never had time when she was here. Then come home earlier than 11pm at night and you will have time. You were off at 4pm...that's a CHOICE you made. Anyhow...she left in a huff, and who knows when she'll be back. I joked with her that I hope this isn't any indication of how she will treat her children...I was half joking. And wondering where in the hell she learned that behaviour...sheesh.
  • my fish tank looks like a toxic waste dump again but because I am moving, I am putting it off, as I know I can't take them with me. I should just get rid of them and go clean the tank....but that is another chore I really don't like. Suddenly pet free life looks attractive...
  • my fridge is slowly getting bare. I hesitate to buy much more fresh food as my time here wraps up. I want to clear out what I have, so less to pack. The moving company doesn't pack food, so I want to bring it with me on my roof rack. But I could potentially be here until the end of next month...or not...
  • limbo...interestingly enough, I read the Mirriam-Webster definition of limbo and somehow I can make them all fit...

On a positive note...it ain't all bad being home with the kitties, just hanging out on the sofa, listening to music and playing gin online at yahoo. My cold is no better, but I'd rather be at home when I'm not feeling great, in my comfort zone. You probably all have one, a comfort zone.

My landlady stopped by today, and she is also home from work with a cold...and after she replaced my storm window (a 5 min task, no big deal) she retreated to her comfort zone, after a chat...we both had the time.

The snow is still on the ground. We did not get 7C that was rumoured for today, lol. The temp is hovering around 0C. Ok, now I am retreating to get my ass kicked play gin.

No comments: