Winter Is On Its Way
My friend R. came in with snow on her car today...apparently Marsh Lake had some snow last night! I have seen it on the mountains, but now it's closing in. Somehow it doesn't feel like the right time to be planning a move! So all the more reason to figure this all out and get myself settled in before the first winter storm. I haven't heard from the job interview for Fort Res yet, but it's only Monday.
If I don't get a job, I shall be turning my car east, felines and all I reckon. Hey, cross-Canada friends...you'll probably see me...hope you're kitty friendly for a night! I'm hoping for reasonable weather, but a good snow storm along the way would be almost like home, lol. I've yet to sit down and see if I can really make it work to go east to the rock for the winter, financially that is. I'm waiting to hear about jobs first...because for me now, going back east is feeling more like a privilege than a back-up plan...
So I hear the northern lights were out two nights ago. It pissed rain last night so couldn't check but tonight promises to be clearer so I shall be out for my first look at aurora borealis in the Yukon. I've seen them from Labrador numerous times, and a few times while on the rock, but so far, not up here! I think I may have been checking too early...in any event, I'm going out in a couple of hours to check. It is nearly dark now...the days are getting shorter...snow is on it's way...
No comments:
Post a Comment