Sunday, September 17, 2006

Check Out Mayo - Small Northern Town







I drove with my friend R. and her two kids (5 & 9) and their 10 month old german shepard to Mayo, about 4.5 hours north of here. The highlights are dog puke in the back seat, Chinese food in Mayo that made us all feel unwell, a little town with enough of what you need...there is a liquor store in the goverment building (handy, don't you think?), a school, post office, nursing station, RCMP detachment, restaurant, two hotels, above ground swimming pool (summer use, of course) and a community centre just finishing construction. There is also a curling club, and many First Nation's buildings, but we didn't stop there this time.


There is a government house, three bedroom, just a moment from the office; next door to the nursing station; across the street from the pool, community centre, curling club, and school! So quite handy...I didn't get to see inside the government house, but I've heard that it's nice enough. Will suit me!

2 comments:

Mrs. Falkenberg said...

Hubby lived in Mayo for a number of years growing up....probably in that very house!

Dreama said...

was his mother or father a social worker there? I'd love to hear more about it if they were....