Saturday, September 23, 2006

Ethics? What Ethics?

Interview #4 completed (#3 didn't complete) and I have a better feeling about this one. We shall see...I thought I effed it up with the first question. The question was such a big question and right out of the blue, so it caught me off guard. It was to name 2 social work ethics from the code...fumble, duh, hmmmm, ummmm...what an idiot I turned into. I have so much legislation in my head from the various child protection acts, the criminal code, the youth criminal justice act, and I have to refer to them all the time in my notes, so they stay fresh. Not so with the code of ethics...I mean it's not like we write about how our contact with our clients was ethical or not. It's more like a way you practice, it just becomes part of you, and I think that might be why I fumbled...but I was able to come up with one, and then we moved on to the rest of the questions before coming back for another, on which I think I really redeemed myself...phew!


In any case, they tell me they will know by next week if I was to get the job. So I reckon by the end of next week, I will be making plans either to move to Ft Res, or take a break altogether and go east for the winter, in search of other adventures I've put on hold for so many years.


The sooner I get this figured out, the better as winter is well on it's way...the mountains are dusted white already, and the leaves are mostly down...brrrrr...I may even have to turn the heater on. Either way it goes, I have a long drive somewhere ahead of me with an early winter coming in fast.


I'm off tomorrow for a walk with a friend to smell the flavour of fall in the forest, dog and babe as well. There may even be photos...stay tuned...

2 comments:

Big Hoser said...

Ah ethics... I remember spending too much time dealing with the social work ehtics...

don't miss em... and apprently, you don't either ;)

~HH

Dreama said...

well that is just it though, I use them everday in my practice, just not by name...I simply practice ethically I reckon. Ironically, now that I have my head clear, I can come up with a bunch of them...