






After leaving Comox on Saturday afternoon, I headed south down the island to Victoria. I was driving behind this guy in a convertible for about an hour...nice sight to behold as we swept past the many beaches and through several tiny towns. Then he took off his hat to reveal a balding head...moving on...

Victoria is the home of a friend I met in NS in 2005 as we headed to the Shoreline Music Festival in PEI together, along with her partner at the time, and my friend M. We'd managed to keep in touch ever since, and I was able to finally meet her new husband. They had gotten married in Vegas and then drove their van through Mexico and the US touring for about 6 months. I stayed with them for 4 nights, and loved every minute of it. Victoria is so pretty, and the people so friendly, I wanted to move there...lol.
I went to a huge party on Saturday night, following along with a few of my friend's friends as she couldn't go (preggers). I was out 'til 4am and had a blast! There were musicians and other interesting people to chat with, and the night flew by. The following day, my friend had to work, so her husband graciously took me on a tour of the city, stopping to see the tall ships that were in town for a few days. He was an awesome tour guide and we had a great time touring the city. I also spent Canada Day in Victoria, and went down to the legislature building's lawn for part of the concert, then off to a roof-top to watch the amazing fireworks. My video only captured a bit of the beginning as I didn't want to miss them by being stuck behind a camera...
The kitty is a pregnant young cat who slept in the flowerbox of a house across the street from my friends.
The table pic is where I spent several hours either hanging out with my friends and their neighbors or other friends...and I spent some hours reading there too, in the shade of this beautiful street.
I finally left Victoria early on Wednesday morning and headed east to Kelowna where I spent a few days with a former roomie from University. It was a busy few days, watching her with her 4 boys! Things have changed since we last lived together, for sure. We went out for a few drives, walks, and for supper at a local pub. I was pretty tired by the time I reached Kelowna, so things were low key for the most part. Her boys are beautiful and energetic for sure, and it was great to see them all.
I then headed for home...see next post.
No comments:
Post a Comment