Life In Da 'Knife
Not much going on here lately...work is busy, weather is okay, but crappy this past weekend. I've been out paddling a few times, but not as much as I would have liked. I work two nights a week and volunteer another night, so weekdays are limited. Before we know it, summer will be over!!!
Fireweed is just coming out, which seems to me to be late this year...there is a large patch of it right behind my building and I can't wait for it to come into full bloom...fireweed is one of the most gorgeous wildflowers I've seen in the north.
The Ice Cream Man is ever present...doodleydoodeedoodeedoooooo....as much as I love ice cream, I would like to take a baseball bat to that speaker spitting out that jingle...the large bat I have at my bedside will do just fine...
The kitties are getting some serious balcony time. I brought back a screen curtain from my friend I. (MANY THANKS) and so can leave the door open all day long and let them enjoy the outdoors while I'm at work. It keeps the bugs out quite well and they have the freedom to come and go to the balcony. Henry hasn't fallen off again...yet.
The property managers of my apartment building have dug a big jaysus hole next to the building, ripping off two of the first floor balconies. I've heard from my upstairs neighbor (who seems to have her ear to the ground) that it is because they need to do something about the permafrost. We have these huge pole like thingys at the end of the building that draw the heat out of the ground so the permafrost stays frozen (the freeze/thaw was why our building is cracked up and sinking) but now the thermoregulator thingys are too efficient and our building is costing too much to heat. Which by the way is being handed down to renters...my rent is going up by $200 this fall unless I sign a 1-year lease...then it only goes up $100. WTF? So much for my cheap rent...cheap considering where I live. I may be shopping around come November...I don't need a two-bedroom apartment anyhow...not unless I change my mind about getting a roommate...if the right one came along, it may be the solution.
Two weeks from tomorrow I shall be on a flight to the east...I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment