Saturday, July 05, 2008

The Long Drive Home









Well, after nearly 2 weeks of visiting and driving, it was time to point my car north once again. I left Kelowna at 8am on Friday and arrived back in Yellowknife at 2pm on Saturday. I stopped for a few hours in High Level to nap in my car (parked in the hotel parking lot) and for another hour at Louise Falls park just north of the NWT border. I managed to see some beautiful bears in Jasper Park, and I chased the sunset north for several hours. The scenery was stunning, except for the back of all those campers I had to pass...traffic was painful through the mountains all the way from Kelowna to Hinton where it finally eased up.


I finally boarded the last ferry on the trip at Fort Providence, where the ferry crosses the mighty Mackenzie River. The drive through northern Alberta and the NWT was downright BORING, but I just listened to my Sirius radio the entire way and the miles melted with time...

No comments: