Decisions, Decisions...
So I made one, a decision, on Monday. I called my evil student loan creditors and reduced all of my payments to close to minimum payments. I had been paying triple and higher on some of them, and the squeeze was getting to me. It wasn't as hard when I was in Fort Resolution, as I made more money, and paid less for housing. Now I make few hundred bucks less per month, and pay about 400 more for housing...pinched, I tell ya.
The implications of this are simple - it will now take me longer to pay off my loans. Meaning I will be staying in the north longer. And to be honest, I've resolved myself to that. I actually enjoy the job I do, have some good friends I am just getting to know and spend time with, and cold weather aside, the climate isn't completely terrible here. It's sunny nearly every single day, and hasn't been too cold this past month. So I could be here for 3-4 years now...and that's okay. I've felt for years that I have to rush rush rush to get through to the next step in my plan, but no more. I need to enjoy the life moments on the way, and squeezing every $$$ to pay off student loans faster was not enjoyable. At all. So there you have it...a decision.
What does that mean for my year long trek - well, I am considering some shorter term treks, taking a month or two off instead, until my loans are paid, at which point I will move on to other things...maybe...the limits are endless...
No comments:
Post a Comment