Banff to Kamloops















The next legs of the journey were from Banff to Kamloops to spend a few days with some friends. We took a drive to Merritt, stopping a few times for ice cream and photos. The church is a tiny, tiny chapel I saw along the highway. It was on land that used to have it's own little community within the ranch. We stopped in Merritt for a beer and a bite to eat in an old hotel bar/tavern that had a hammered tin ceiling shown here. The tree is a cottonwood, with cotton still on it (I had never seen one before) The rock formations are known as hoodoos, and we found these ones just outside of Banff. The flowers belong to my friend I. and are beautiful peonies on her front lawn in Kamloops. The sagebrush was found on the hills surrounding Kamloops and area.


No comments:
Post a Comment