Northern Bound
Well, after a couple of days of power shopping in Halifax, I'm headed back across this great country of ours, pointing northward in Edmonton. I'm exhausted from the shopping and putting furniture together for my parents, but feel like I've had a very productive week. I have to say, the short trip south has been rejuvinating, even if it did snow like hell the night I arrived. I have shopped 'til I damn near dropped, but scored some awesome deals, some brilliant finds, and the timing was perfect. Tax refund on Monday, free trip home on Wednesday, a few days with the parents, and my winter doldrums are over! It's been a long, cold, dark winter in Yellowknife this year, but there is a promise of spring as the temperatures rise every few weeks above -10C. They have dropped again to mid twenties (minus) but with gaining ten minutes of sunlight (approx) per day, the sunlight is gaining fast, and the dark of winter has passed.
Northward bound on Air Canada today, hoping for no delays, and smooth flights...back to the zoo.

No comments:
Post a Comment