Friday, March 21, 2008

Holiday Weekend Musings




So here we are, the longest holiday weekend so far this year, and the first day of spring is behind us. The temperature is still cold, but tends to warm up some during the day. Only -13C yesterday...downright balmy...



My friend K. is heading south today to Mexico...and I am insanely jealous...she'll come back all tanned, and refreshes, and I'll still be here, pale and tired....lol. Actually, I think I did get a little tanned from my trek back east, shopping in the sun all day.



I'm cooking up a big scoff for myself today - roasted chicken, sweet potatoes, apple crisp, you name it. I had thought about inviting folks over, but then I would have to clean my apartment...



Yeah, lazy. So sue me...it's a holiday weekend and I have other things planned. Shortly I'm going to haul out my correspondence course and get moving on that again, and after that, a jaunt on the treadmill, now that I've bought a cheapo dvd player for the bedroom and can satisfy my ER addiction on the treadmill. I need to find a routine for myself, or this treadmill will also become a dust collecting clothes hangar...



The animals are restless, particularly Henry...any wonder? He is just one hyper kitten. His nuts may be gone, but his personality remains thus far. He is seeking out more affection now, which is new. He also hangs out with Stormy a great deal, and Stormy doesn't seem to mind. I woke the other night to see Henry looming out of the dark, on top of my vcr, which is on top of my tv, which is on top of my dresser at the foot of the bed...he was about to dive into my garbage can which is on top of the vcr...he has a fascination for garbage cans (he sees them as toy boxes).



I am hoping to go for a drive this weekend, maybe to Prelude...there are roads out of town that I haven't even been on, so might be up for some adventure, depending on the state of the roads I choose, as some are just ice roads.



Now it's time for breakfast...Happy Easter one and all...

No comments: