Aurora Borealis
Was out barbecuing tonight for the first time this year, and it was FABULOUS! It was -0C tonight and the aurora borealis was spectacular, even from where I live in the city. I am next to Tin Can Hill (the trees are on the hill) and there is nothing beyond that, so the sky is dark until it lights up with the stars and northern lights. I even saw a shooting start tonight! Fabulous...bring on the spring...
This was my first time shooting the northern lights with my new camera. Imagine if I was out on the lake, and there weren't any wires in front. Of course, I had to use a tri-pod as the lens is open for several seconds, soaking in the aurora. I swear, I'll be sleeping out there one night yet! Time to hunt down two hammock hooks and a place to attach them on this rickety old building, covered in vinyl siding...even the underside of the balcony...now I'm off to shoot them outside of town.





No comments:
Post a Comment