Oblivious, Apparently
Well, the apartment building just down the street from me (there are no buildings between us) apparently caught on fire early this morning, and had a huge blaze that destroyed at least 4 condo units in it...and I was oblivious. I went to work and people asked me if it was my building that burned down in the fire....um, what fire? I never heard a thing. Clearly I should have from the amount of emergency response units there and the size of the fire...and even when I went to work, I don't drive out that way to get to work, I turn the other way, so didn't really see anything, wasn't looking. When I came home for lunch, I noticed my road was blocked off ( I could still get access to my own parking lot) with RCMP at the other end of my street, near my parking lot. So then I looked online to see just what apartment building had burned because I still didn't know where it had happened, just the name of the building. And I found this photo, courtesy of The Yellowknifer. My building is just to the left beyond that ambulance...how could I not have noticed ALL THIS??? Oblivious apparently...and still tired...




No comments:
Post a Comment