Friday, February 15, 2008

Northern Artwork


Living in the north, we often see northern artists who come door to door, and who visit local businesses with their work. It is often quite pricey for my budget, even though I totally think the work is worth the money, I just don't have it to spend. There is a local artist who comes around regularly that usually brings around larger paintings, selling for $250 each, unframed. Today he brought around smaller paintings, selling for $60, so I jumped at the chance to buy one. I bought the frame at Wal-Mart for $12. The painting did not exactly fit the mat, but then I just backed it with some black cardstock. It will probably fade over time, but for not it will do, and looks rather sharp. It's about 10 x 13 inches. I need to take a photo of it outside of the frame in natural sunlight to really do it justice, but I just love this guy's work.

Now if I could just see a polar bear in person...from a safe distance of course...but I think I need to go to Nunavut for that...

No comments: