Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sunny Sunday In Yellowknife












Well, for once it was actually a nice mild day, only -10C on Sunday, so I went out and about town, taking photos of some skyline, interesting architecture on Latham Island, and went for a drive on the ice road to Dettah. Yes, we drive on the ice up here. The ice is plenty thick enough, as you'll see, but it doesn't stop the tourists from being afraid to step on it. The ice in one pic here I photographed at the same time some Cuban tourists got out of their tour guide's car and had a look as well, and were leery of stepping on it...even though they had just driven over the same ice, lol. Kind of like the same irrational fear I had in walking on the glass floor of the CN Tower.

As you can see, we do not live in igloos, as some southerners might believe, ha ha...more photos in the following post.

No comments: