Are We There Yet?

No, we are not there yet. Supposed to be...but um, no. First Air had more mechanical difficulties, or as my friend I. refers to them, Last Air...
So here I am, at the Westmark Hotel in Whitehorse, where my room is so far down this long hall, I have to pack a lunch...it's not bad actually. The bed is king size, the tv is small. The internet is nearly reliable wireless, and the bathroom has all the treats instead of that multipurpose liquid disguised as soap, shampoo, conditioner...ew. Last Air provided a room, and meal vouchers, so I went in search of a steak for supper...and the only steak entree on the menu here was marinated in Yukon Red beer...which tastes like battery acid...um, no thanks. So I opted for the steak sandwich. It was ok, and the sweet potato fries were quite yummy. The water tasted like floor cleaner, so I opted for some milk instead. She brought me two glasses but only charged me for one...she got a big tip...
My daughter graciously picked me up and brought me back to her place once again for a few hours. Her boyfriend bought Guitar Hero, Legends of Rock today, so tried that out, and for a geeky gamer, he did quite well. Turns out his gaming skills helped him a fair bit...who knew? He pounded his way through Black Sabbath's Paranoid, as well as the Stones' Paint It Black. I gave it a whirl...I am not that coordinated and got booed off the stage...

The replacement flight leaves tomorrow at 1pm...I hope to be on it. I had to cancel Henry's vet appointment (he is probably happy enough about that!) so a little pissed about that. He is getting his first rounds before the SNIP in February. Just something else to refer to in my pointed letter to Last First Air.
Are we there yet?
No comments:
Post a Comment