Monday, April 23, 2007

Poor Little Kitty


Via is under the weather today...actually, she looks like she is at death's door for the most part. I wondered what was up when she hasn't been sleeping in the bed with me the past few nights...just on top of the body pillow. Then today when I picked her up, I noticed how her sides were heaving, like something weird was going on. She got worse by lunchtime, barely creeping around, belly hanging low. She isn't drinking or eating much, though did drink a little water a short while ago.


Just what we both needed. I was to leave for a business trip later this afternoon and after some frantic calls to a friend and the vet, I decided to take her along, and will get her into the vet tomorrow. I could have taken her tonight for the bargain price of $135 to get the vet off his ass and into the clinic...um, no. So I am taking her in the morning for $45. It pissed me off enough when I had to pay $68 just to get her on the damn plane today...crooks...talk about price gouging...with Buffalo Air it only cost me $35 but First Air was twice as much...for no apparent reason either. I smell a letter of complaint being drafted. To add insult to injury, the gum chewing teenie bopper behind the counter said to me "sorry, I don't make the rules, the company does". Um, yeah. Like I am a total fucking idiot and actually believed that you, the gum chewing teen is who dictates the business practices of a major northern airline. Go sell stupid somewhere else.


So here we are, hunkered down in the hotel room, Via looking all pathetic in the corner. I've had that little bugger nearly 10 years, having taken her from the rock with her mother, only 5 days old. I am hoping she has a good visit with the vet tomorrow...otherwise there shall be tears...I guaranfriggintee it...

No comments: