Departure of the Easter Bunny
My house guests have departed, as of 8:10am this morning, hoping there wasn't too much water on the Mackenzie ice crossing. They would have crossed there at about 11:30am or so, depending on if she floored it or not in that old truck of hers aka the money pit.
T'was uplifting to have company in the home again. I haven't had any guests from away since moving here. I'm hoping K. makes it out again, perhaps for May 24 weekend, since she has refused to go camping that early again...heh heh...I have typically camped every May long weekend for decades, regardless of location, and this one year we went to St. Ann's Bay in Cape Breton and camped by the ocean...it was a little chilly...and since then she has refused to camp that early, particularly here!
The temps have been up and the water has been running fast and furious. I thought it was raining out, but that is snow melt off the roof. I wish it would just slide off at once and be done with it. I shovelled all the snow off both bridges and dragged out the patio furniture, having been encouraged by the sun and mild temperatures today. Weather reports call for even warmer temps on Tuesday, a possible +15C - WOW!
Turkey day at the nurse's residence - YUM! I usually cook a turkey at Easter, so I'm happy not to be missing out since I cooked at my place this year. There shall be continued indulgence...I love long weekends.
See the eggs the girls and I used decoupage to decorate, they are sitting on the windowsill...K.'s is on the far right, V's is centre front, and mine is far left. Aren't we talented? :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment