Thursday, April 19, 2007

Great Day For Flying










My WORD it's been a while since I posted...I think because I had nothing to write about, really...until today. Yesterday myself and 4 others were picked up in Fort Resolution by a charter with Sunwest Charters, a Turbo Beaver, single engine 5 passenger plane. Yes, that's right...5 passenger. It was a small plane, but we had inflight service...it consisted of Jeremy the pilot telling us where things were, and that there was a box of drinks and snacks under the back seat. He was an excellent pilot and we had a very smooth ride. He even made me chuckle when he hauled out his Sony discman and THEN began singing along...the engine was too noisy I couldn't hear him out loud, but I could see his lips move, and he wasn't talking to control...having moved his mic off to the side, heh heh. You can see the discman on his left thigh.





The view was spectacular from the plane. The Great Slave Lake is vast, and we could see the tributaries that flow into the lake. The land you see that is to my right is just outside of Yellowknife, and the land ahead is approaching Fort Resolution. I have some video as well and will post that later today once I get somewhere where there is decent internet (satellite internet sucks ass for uploading video).

No comments: