Sunday, April 08, 2007

Busy Social Calendar

T'was a busy enough week...work was busy, and I had to clean up for my guests. It took an eternity to get my driver's license and new plate, but it's DONE. I even found time to make a set of curtains for the kitchen, using some fabric I dyed the night before.


My friend K. and her friend V. arrived about 9:30pm or so on Thursday night. There has been much indulgence...fresh bread, fresh turnovers, beautiful fresh pineapple, and so on, and so on. K. also played Easter Bunny and brought chocolate for all :-) so I am hopped up (s'cuse the Easter pun) on sugar for the past couple of days. Yesterday we decoupaged some eggs, and then had an egg hunt (I WON) and gorged on candies...I'm still vibrating from the sugar...hence the late night post.


Today was more of the same - cooking, baking, eating, cleaning, squeezing in time for a movie or a show, with some knitting, chattering, etc. Tonight we had company for supper, and grilled some steaks and kebobs and gorged again.


Partway through the night after supper guests had returned home to relax for the evening, V. and I tried out some shooters...the clear winner was the Sour Puss...I have to say. The test tube ones from the liquor store were not much more impressive than melted freezies...and the Fireball whiskey shooters were predictably cinnamon spicey.


My friends leave in the morning - I shall miss them! It's been great to have others around...once they leave first thing in the morning, it's back to the felines and I. We'll have two days of more indulgence...and doing NOTHING...heh heh...it's all about self-care people...

No comments: