Sunday, December 02, 2007

Damn Cold - Cozier Inside








Yes, damn cold for sure. Last night when I got home it was about -30C or more. My car only registers up to -30C so it very well could have been colder. My apartment was too hot last night though and the windows were frozen shut so I opened the door to the balcony - it wasn't long SUCKING the heat out of my apartment and I was comfortable again.



Saw some lovely FAT ptarmigan/partridges yesterday in a tree behind my apartment building. I can see the tree from my balcony, however they are not there this morning. I didn't have a camera with me when I saw them yesterday while K. and I were unloading my car...they were all up in a tree, about 15 or so of them, brilliant! So I shall be haunting the tree until I get my photo. Hopefully they are not stewing in someone's apartment by now...



The sun is just coming up above the hill behind my apartment...I'm going to like this...I can finally see sunrise and sunset again. Photos will follow, I'm certain.



So yeah, it's cold here. I know...I am living in the north, I should expect it. I do expect it, I just don't have to like it. I put up with it. Brrrrr...I am really loving my down jacket though, as it is colder here than it was in Fort Resolution last year from what I can remember. I don't think we saw below -20C until January. December is such a busy social month, all that shopping, Christmas parties, and visiting. I have bought a hat and new down jacket, but I think I still need a fluffy big scarf...so still looking and not finding much. The last thing I need are boots. I have one pair, but they are not that warm, and the grip is not great. So still some shopping to do...maybe next week.



Welcome to Yellowknife.

No comments: